Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't even boot up in safe mode- win32:vitro?

• Please log in to reply

alfie_dub

alfie_dub

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,

Big problem with my computer. At first, I was getting hit with a lot of viruses last night- I think it was win32:vitro- infecting everything left right and centre. I tried to run Malwarebytes and Avast but my computer froze before they could do anything.

I went to restart and it wouldn't get past the login stage- i type in my password but after I hit return, it says 'loading personal settings' (iirc), then 'logging off' before returning me to the login stage again- i'm trapped in a loop basically.

I then tried safe mode and managed to try a system restore, but on the reboot from that, it failed again.

Now even when I boot up in safe mode, the same 'login screen' loop occurs and I can't even get into Windows.

I've been reading into win32:vitro and it seems pretty nasty and possibly even irreversible- can anyone explain how to get rid of it?

I've heard a system rebuild may be necessary but i've no idea what that entails.

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisements