Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Reformatting messed me up

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so I had a couple viruses on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A105-S4094) and ended up reformatting it. I don't have the original CD that came w/ the laptop but I thought I would be OK without it as I can get drivers from manufacturer websites.

So i reformat and put windows xp professional sp3 on it and first thing i noticed was the wireless icon in the taskbar didnt show up. Ended up going on a different computer and finding about 3 drivers for my laptop and downloaded one which ended up allowing me to connect wirelessly to my router but it doesnt seem to be working right because i lose connection after a couple mins( or I think when i stop using the internet for a little while). Tried downloading another driver and nothing changed, but I'm not sure if I removed the first driver completely and would appreciate any help yall can give me.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here to
Support at Toshiba.com... and get ALL your drivers...burn them all to a cd for the future..start by installing the wifi driver...
if that doesn't solve the problem try this...
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....click OK

To Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

To Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter