Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Tools

• Please log in to reply

cuff

cuff

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello
I am looking for thoughts on those who have registry tool that will clean, defrag, fix errors etc.
Knowing how vital the registry is and keeping it healthy is most important.
I would like to hear from those who have and use one (either free or pay) to try and get an ideal on which one would be best for my system.

I have Vista home basic 64bit os.

Thanks in advance
Ernest

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there. Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

GTG does not advise the use of any Registry Cleaner program as they have the potential to not only damage your registry but could also render your system useless.

cuff

cuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks for your reply.