Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XFX Mobo- Trouble Installing Ethernet Driver

• Please log in to reply

Pakorn1

Pakorn1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So this has been driving me crazy! :)

A few months ago I put together a computer for my dad, using an XFX Geforce 8200 motherboard as a base. After all the waiting for components, getting it together and configured, and finally bringing it from Philadelphia to his place in Jersey, we tried to hook it up to the internet... and found that the Ethernet drivers that came with the CD-ROM don't seem to be installing correctly.

Are there any known issues with the drivers for this board? I've tried grabbing them from Nvidia's site, to no avail. When I run Windows' "Install New Hardware Wizard," and select the dvd path as the source, it says it can't find it and (ironically) wants to connect to the internet to search (which it can't, duh, no ethernets.) Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get this to work?? Thanks!!

-Rob

EDIT:

The OS is Windows XP Pro
The motherboard is XFX Geforce 8200 (tigerdirect.com model number P450-9120)

Edited by Pakorn1, 31 July 2009 - 10:36 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try here: http://www.pcpitstop...Force~8200.html

Pakorn1

Pakorn1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No I hadn't, but when I click the download link why does it try to get me to run a "free driver scan?"

I'm not actually on the computer that has the problem (see above - no ethernet driver = no internet) so scanning this computer for drivers probably won't work.

Also, I have a problem running .exe's that come up in javascript popup windows. I will try bringing this scanner thing over to the PC with the problem, but I don't know how its going to help seeing as the problem is no internet, so it won't be able to actually get any drivers for me.

EDIT: Wait it wants me to pay for drivers!? Um, no thanks!!

Edited by Pakorn1, 01 August 2009 - 08:34 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I see what you mean.
I investigated little bit more, and I can see your motherboard is actually made by XFX, which is a division of PINE Technology. They install nVidia chipset on that board.
nVidia driver is here: http://www.nvidia.co...90.38_whql.html, but I can't tell, if this chipset driver includes ethernet driver, or not.
You can try it, but if it doesn't work, you have to go to mobo maker site: http://www.xfxforce....lp/Support.aspx, and sign up to get mobo drivers.