Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a PC, Need help with Parts!

• Please log in to reply

Andrew H.

Andrew H.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, well as you know, im going to build my own PC. I built my own with my uncle a couple years ago when I was about ten, and was thinking about building another one. I was wondering what the absolute best parts on the market were. Money is not an issue right now :) so just list the best (in your opinion, obviously) I want to know the best RAM On the market, the best Internal harddrive on the marke,t the best video and sound cards on the market, and the best processor on the market.
Thanks!

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts

Money is not an issue right now

Lucky you :)
  • Best RAM on the market would be DDR3, I believe 2133MHz is the fastest memory you can get nowadays.
  • The Intel i7 is by far the best processor series in the market right now.
  • As for hard drives, if you're looking for speed the Solid State Drives are the fastest on the market right now - however they can get really pricey ($1500 USD for a 512GB HDD). If you're looking for capacity, there are drives that reach up to 2TB now.
  • The GeForce GTX295 is the best video card on the market right now in my opinion.
  • I don't really know much about sound cards, but I believe the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro is a great card.
Hope that helps.

-mp