Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox / PC Connction

• Please log in to reply

Spacerb

Spacerb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello There,

First post so thanks in advance for any help. Here's my issue -

I can't get my 360 to see my PC when going through Videos or Music on the dashboard.

However, Windows Media Centre on the 360 has picked up my PC files and can play them. Also, within WMP on my PC, when I go to Library - Media Sharing = It says Media Sharing or component is switched off. Please note though that I do have Windows Media sharing switched on in services. It must be partly working as otherwise Media Center wouldn't be working I believe? I've looked through the other threads here and tried various things but I have to say I'm stuck now. WMC is awful to stream through. Items work much better when going through Video/Music on the 360 Dashboard. I did have this all working before my 360 was sent away. I'm using a Vista Vaio Sony laptop.

Thanks all.

Advertisements