Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc problem

• Please log in to reply

will smith

will smith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im sorry for poor grammer and lack of information but My pc freezes every odd 20mins-30 so I dont want to type it all becuase it will be lost an I will have to start again

Im not a smart person when it comes to computers but I have been trying to fix my pc from freezing I have
2gb ram
4400 duel AMD proccessors
8800 512MB grathics card ( hopefully not important)

My pc freezes and at first I had to idea so i just did defrag because it was slower opening and running programs and then virus scan with bitdefender and used spypot to detect spyware also checked for all driver updates because i had 2 BSOD but i managed to fix that by finding the files that caused the BSOD.

also when my pc freezes It dosnt stop I can open programs allready running use them to some extent cannot close them or do anything like save if Im on a game or if I on word etc after moving the mouse around for 30secs my pc does 1 long beep that dosnt stop until i restart then its fine again and happens all over again.

I have checked the ram because my freind said hes Pc did the same when his ram had errors but from that Im not a smart person with computers :)

I rather have help fixing my pc alone then spending £20 and a PC store for them to do something that I could hopefully do myself if this made any sence i will love it you helped.

Advertisements