Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Transferring

• Please log in to reply

razmack

razmack

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, i have just bought a new laptop. I had many emails saved in Outlook Express on my old compter, that i wanted to transfer to my new one. After looking for advice on the internet as to how to do this, i tried exporting them, and saving them to a different location. The folders (Inbox, Deleted Items, etc) are now saved in a seperate folder on my desktop, however, the files are .dbx files and when i try to restore them or open them etc it does not work, just asks me which program i would like to use to open them with, i cannot figure out how to get my emails back to Outlook express or to my new computer.
My Outlook Express is now totally blank, there are no folders, no emails etc, and i am really a novice at this so can someone please try to explain to me what i have done and how do i get the emails back and saved so i can put them on my new laptop.

For ref, i have not got them on my ISP's Website either as i never ticked the box to leave a copy of the messages on the server.
I have a portale harddrive i can use to save things on to.
I have nero backit up software on this external harddrive but this seems to be of no use, as when i tried this, it did not work either.
Please help!!!

Thank you
Rowena

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
How to Copy Your Outlook Express Address Book to Another Computer

Migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Mail

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express