Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't record audio from speakers :/

• Please log in to reply

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-12H running XP Pro SP3, and every single driver installed is up to date and off the Toshiba website for this specific model.

Only drivers missing are:
Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus;
SM Bus Controller

I read this is something to do with the RIAA requesting manufacturers to disable recording output as input? Is this true, and if not, any ideas why it isn't working? If so, any way to get around it?
I got the thing about the RIAA from here

http://answers.yahoo...31182648AAY4hS1

I can't record audio, like a song being played in iTunes for example, or a message sound from MSN while recording the screen using CamStudio (screen capture program) or something similar.

When I try and select, "record audio from speakers" I get, "WaveoutGetSelectControl() failed."

It used to work fine on my old PC.

I tried everything, like enabling Stereo Mix, etc.. even though most of the things Google returns are for Vista.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

P.S. The soundcard is the Realtek ALC268

Edited by Supercalifragilistic, 01 August 2009 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements