Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battery Stuck in laptop

• Please log in to reply

zulef

zulef

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi, I cannot remove the battery from my laptop, it appears to be stuck at an angle. The locking clip works fine and the battery comes part way out, but then gets stuck. Is there any way I can get the battery out without damaging the laptop?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Obvious question maybe but from it's current position, are youable to get the battery back in? i.e can you reinsert it into the laptop instead of removing it?

zulef

zulef

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi
Yes I can get the battery pack back in but it is at an angle and therefore not charging as the connectors are not connected.

I can get it to about half way out and due to the fact that it is not in the groove on one side it wont come out any further.

It has moved out of the slot on one side and I need to somehow get it pushed back flat and level with the other side, but I am frightened that I will break some of the plastic. I have thought about removing the screws, but some screws are under the battery so thats not much use.

Thanks for response, any other ideas?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
So you can't get it back in then.
My only suggestion in that case is to jiggle it! Lie the laptop down on a flat surface, grab hold of the battery & jiggle it or apply a bit of pressure to one side to try & realign it. It will normally withstand a certain amount of force (within reason) so long as you don't bang the laptop itself about. It's hard to advise on this though without being able to see exactly what the problem is, so be careful.

Apologies if this isn't the most helpful advice in the world but it's all I've got at the moment!