Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Question

• Please log in to reply

tc123

tc123

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello all,

I recently bought a flash website template, and have been fooling around with it. IN the template, it starts out with a landing page/intro video, and when you click it, it brings you into the rest of the flash site. I was wondering if someone here could just take the flash intro that I created, and make it link to the homepage of the site if I make it in Microsoft Expression Web, instead of to the rest of the flash site. I really need help on this one, as it is for my band. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
How_to_redirect_the_flash_intro_to_the_website.swf

Online Flash Editor:

Sprout: The Online WYSIWYG Editor for Flash - http://www.techcrunc...itor-for-flash/

Might help.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
What if I want it to go to my site on click, instead of automatically. There are so many layers that I dont know where to place the script. It's a flash website template, and Im only using the first part of the video (the splash page), and instead of it going to the rest of the flsah site I want to link it to my other homepage.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
While editing the flash, you can change the URL that the Intro go to at the end automatically. For a "Bypass Intro", you need to add a button that will go where you want when clicked: Flash Button 1 & Flash Button 2

Flash MX Skip Intro
Creating a Smart Skip Intro Button in Flash - Part 1
Skip Intro

If you don't put the Skip Intro button in the flash, you could just add it in HTML on the page:

<a href="skip_intro.html" title="Skip Intro">Skip Intro</a>

Using the later HTML method keeps you from having to edit the flash file. Of course, you can add all your site's nav link in a standard nav menu on the flash page if you wish.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
For some reason this is not working for me. Do you have Flash CS3? Is there any way you could take a look at the file for me?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Will try to find someone who has it if you send the file to me by email. Need the actual URL you want the links to go to. Please be detailed as possible as I don't want to have to go back and forth in trying to get this done.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sent.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hotmail won't let me send you a file of that size. I will host it and email you the download link later when I return home.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Uploaded. Check your email.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Strange. Checked all email accounts and spam sections and no email from you or with download link.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I just messaged you the link on these forums, hopefully that works.

Edited by tc123, 04 August 2009 - 06:29 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Please delete my email from your post. Thanks.

tc123

tc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No problem. I responded to your PM.