Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RCA MP3 Player wont install

• Please log in to reply

boo5790

boo5790

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have a RCA Lyra MC250 1A mp3 player and i had it hooked up to this computer before and the computer installed it no problem. Since then i have reformatted and reinstalled xp and today i plugged the mp3 player in and the computer wont install it. when i tried i got a message stating that a service installation section in this INFis invalid. i opened my device manager and there is a yellow ! under portable device portable devices, RCA M25 Series. it says that the drivers for this device are not installed, code 28. when i click on reinstall driver i get the message i stated above. tried to find a driver online to see if it would download but i cant find any driver for this model. also does anyone have any ideas how to fix the INF.

Advertisements

boo5790

boo5790

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok, somehow i have gotten the computer to recognize the mp3 player. I dont exactly know how. I tinkered around with the download driver option in the device manager and this time it seems to have downloaded the files needed. my only problem now is that when i plug the mp3 player into the usb port the icon shows up but disappears after a few seconds. I can open it up by going into my computer but to shut it off, all i can do is unplug it from the computer because the icon is not in the task bar. Doing it that way though i risk damging the mp3 player and losing the songs on the device. Does anyone know how to get the device icon to stay in the task bar?