Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless is disabled and yellow color question mark in Network control

• Please log in to reply

Ershath

Ershath

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been using Compaq Presario CQ40-145TU notebook. Factory installed OS is Vista Home Basic 32. Now i downgraded to Win Xp Pro 32. Now my problem is WLAN is always disabled but blutooth is working. I already installed Intel/PRO wireless drivers but still it has the problem. When i checked under the device manager there was a yellow colored question mark in the Network Controller... Please provide me the solution to overcome this problem.

Edited by Ershath, 02 August 2009 - 12:45 AM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello there, and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

The yellow mark means that you haven't installed the driver for the network controller.
You will have to go to the compaq site and see if they have the driver for windows XP.

Although I have seen quite a few compaq laptops that people downgraded without taking a look at the drivers.
Maybe a bit of an ingnorant question, Why did you downgrade to XP?

Regards,
Olrik