Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO HELP AT ALL

• Please log in to reply

davidhndfw

davidhndfw

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I posted a request for help here last month and never recieved ANY response, so I have a hard time recomending this site, unfortunately; since they seem sincere.

Regards,
David Hunt

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
I have checked your posts, you originally posted on 28th April. On 4th May you posted to say that you had cleared most of your problems.

I would like to point out that it is not unusual to have a delay in getting your posts looked at. Some people wait patiently for over 10 days.

All of the staff here are volunteers with lives outside of here and families and work/school/college to content with as well as assisting in here.

We have a limited amout of staff to assist and we all work our butts off trying to get through everyone's post as quickly as possible.

It is also blatently clear that you had not read the following link

You Must Read This First

as had you done so you would seen the following

Please remember, people are helping you for FREE. Be patient, somebody will help you as soon as they become available. We all have REAL jobs, families, have other interests, and may live half way around the world. Plus, there may be people in front of you waiting for help. Following these steps will lighten our work load, and allow us to help more members.

I find your criticism of this site unwarranted, but you can't please everybody all of the time.

Edited by usetobe, 12 May 2005 - 03:09 PM.

davidhndfw

davidhndfw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well FYI I did read the topic you linked to. I am aware of the volunteer status of everyone here. However I also noticed that when I looked at the forums and posts I saw many posts made days after mine that had been replied to. So I don't think I was being unfair in my assessment.

Furthermore, so you won't think I am greedy and uncaring I also posted I that I was willing to help others in this forum in the future with similar problems.

Regards,

David Hunt

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*

I also posted I that I was willing to help others in this forum in the future with similar problems.

Where?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Well FYI I did read the topic you linked to. I am aware of the volunteer status of everyone here. However I also noticed that when I looked at the forums and posts I saw many posts made days after mine that had been replied to. So I don't think I was being unfair in my assessment.

Furthermore, so you won't think I am greedy and uncaring I also posted I that I was willing to help others in this forum in the future with similar problems.

Regards,

David Hunt

View Post

Hello! I would like to address this part of your comments. I had a new user send me a pm yesterday, being extremely rude b/c they felt that "others were getting helped before me when I posted first".

Firstly, some of our Staff are more highly trained in removing particular infections than others of us are. For those Staffers, they jump around and grab threads that have those particular infections.

Secondly, several of our Staff members are also the people who develop the fixes and tools we use. They scour through posts looking for new possible infections, and take those threads themselves so that they can quickly and efficiently develop the needed fixes to combat the newest malware problems.

Thirdly, each Staff member works in different ways. Some of us only grab older posts, while some prefer to grab new ones where the user is still online, and can be helped quickly and be on their way. The majority of us do a mixture of both.

I hope this has helped clear the issue up a little. I sincerely apologize for the feeling that you have that you were being overlooked. As you can see, many factors play a part in how/when threads are answered. We all work very hard, and most of us put in a lot of hours on this site and others to try and make a positive difference in the fight against Malware.

Lastly, I am the main person responsible for admitting new Trainess into GeekUniversity, where you can train to become a Staff Member yourself. We sure can use the help, as is plain to see. If you are interested in joining, please make a post here.

Thanks!

davidhndfw

davidhndfw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well where ever the forum is that talks about helping out.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
As I said, I take care of admitting people to GeekU. I add people every night, so you must not have posted there. Please do if you would like to join, and I"ll get you added! :tazz:

davidhndfw

davidhndfw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK here is the link to my post from this morning just to clarify things.

regards

David Hunt