Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Windows Media Center has gone missing

• Please log in to reply

seegoon

seegoon

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I have Windows XP Media Center Edition - but no Media Center. I must have uninstalled it at some point (although I can't remember doing so), or someone else did, or something went wrong somewhere along the way. Regardless, it's gone. Is it possible for me to reinstall it? Thanks!

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Have you done a search for it? i.e going into My Computer and then using the search tool to find Windows Media Centre. Its possible the shortcut is just missing.

Also have you tried System Restore? That will allow you to go back to before you removed the program. Find out how Here

After that to reinstall media centre mean you have to reinstall Windows which will mean the loss of data as Windows dont supply Media Centre as a standalone install.