Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some help with RootKit removal?

• Please log in to reply

Mythoughts

Mythoughts

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

I had a bad case of RootKit. I have run ComboFix (first ran it and forgot to change the name to combo-fix, but it seemed to go ok (then ran it again as Combo-Fix, but found nothing more), except that the registry backup wasn't made i think) but I'm not sure that all of the RootKit is gone cause in the removal process, only 5 of 6 files were listed as removed.

The one that was left (or maybe removed, at least not listed as removed) was: hjgruinsqipcii.dll

I've attached the ComboFix log. I hope someone can help me find out if it's removed. I've run both an updated ESET scan and Malwarebytes scan and they found nothing. ESET does not warn me of the RootKit any longer either in startup.

Regards,
Mythoughts

P.S. - I truly admire the free advice people find themselves giving here. I truly hope people show the appropriate gratitude.

Attached Files

Edited by Mythoughts, 02 August 2009 - 09:18 AM.

Advertisements