Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT KEY

• Please log in to reply

dynocompe

dynocompe

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
i AM TRYING TO REFORMAT MY COMPUTER, I HAVE MY PRODUCT KEY BUT WHEN IT ASKS FOR ME TO ENTER IT, IT SAYS MY PRODUCT KEY IS INVALID! i HAVE EVEN USED THAT PRODUCT KEY FINDER AND IT COMES UP WITH THE SAME PRODUCT KEY ENTERED THAT i HAVE ENTERED, I HAVE NETERED IT A MILLION TIMES AND I KNOW THERE IS NO TYPO OR MISMATCHED NUMBER/LETTER. CAN ANYONE HELP ME

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Make sure you entered it correctly. Sometimes you can mistake an O (oh) for a 0 (zero) and a B for an 8.

dynocompe

dynocompe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
yes that is what i meant when i said no letters/numbers are mismatched. It is 100 percent correct, i even got two other ppl to enter it on there own. Nobody can get it, it is entered corectly, there is no letter in there or number that could be mistaken for something else in my opinion. Last time i reformatted this wouldnt work either, but I had a computer person right there with me and she entered a different key that worked, then i had to get my windows authentized after it was all reformatted with my real key

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Sorry, didn't notice the statement that there was no mismatch due to using all caps.

Try the following tips.

You receive an error message after you enter the product key when you try to install Windows XP

Edited by Whiskeyman, 02 August 2009 - 07:32 PM.

dynocompe

dynocompe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i got it fixed thanks for your help

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Please post back your solution so others, who may be following this topic, can learn. Thank you.