Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

8800GT Running Hot

• Please log in to reply

sixx jpN

sixx jpN

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I've noticed just recently, that my card is running extremely hot.

At idle with the fan at 100% it runs anywhere from 70-85C idle. Running CoD4, it goes up to 90-95C. I even saw it at 106C while playing and immediately shut my computer off.

All of these temps are according to the NVIDIA MonitorView so I have no idea if these are 100% accurate. I only say that because this is the same program that said all of my fans except one were running at 0RPM.

I have no idea what is going on.

Advertisements

sixx jpN

sixx jpN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Bump. :)

XxFadedxX

XxFadedxX

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I don't think the program is wrong. My friend have a 8800 gts as well and it heats up like crazy. He even told me that when he buying it, people have commented on how it gets really hot. Right now, he just runs his computer with the side panel of his tower off to improve circulation.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
That's really hot..

1. How's the airflow inside casing?
2. Has you clean the interior from dust?
3. Does the card still under warranty? (thinking you might need to reapply thermal paste, however it might void warranty)