Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GTAIV running slow on my pc, vista, dimentsion C521

• Please log in to reply

richierabc

richierabc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello, thanx for taking time to read this and i hope you can help me in my problem. Im realy into gaming and have recently brought a few newer games than usual, as in GTAIV and seems to be running slow, like frame by frame, what do i need to improve in my computer, how do i do this, im not realy aufair with computers so in simple language would be helpfull thanx. heres my computer information. hope you can help.

WINDOWS VISTA DIMENTSION C521

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 duel core processor 4200+ ...BASE SCORE: 4.9
MEMORY (RAM): 3.00 GB ...BASE SCORE: 5.9
GRAPHICS: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series ...BASE SCORE: 4.7
GAMING GRAPHICS: 1535 MB Total avalible graphics memory ...BASE SCORE: 4.2
PRIMARY HARD DISC: 124GB free (223GB total) ...BASE SCORE: 5.5

If theres anymore info you need please ask, il let you know.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

You PC does not meet the base to run GTA.

Your graphics card is the problem as it wont run the game, as there just isn't enough power which is why the game is running frame by frame.

You will need to on a minimum upgrade your graphics card. I'm not great with hardware recommendation's so if you ask around other people may be able to suggest something to you for upgrade.