Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can not connect to internet re:/ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

• Please log in to reply

londonkj

londonkj

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I am having trouble with getting onto the internet.
it will work some times when i reboot everything, as in router computer etc, but then after a short amount if time it will not work and i then need to rebbot eveything again, not ideal, i am borrowing a computer on the same network and its working fine so i presume it cant be the router etc.
i have downloaded various browsers, firefox and chrome but i get the same result.

any help greatly accepted.
many thanks in advance.
:)

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Good evening, londonkj.

Do you have a static IP address specified for this computer? If you have specified DNS servers then it is possible that your PC is choosing to use one which is no longer functioning properly.

Also, I would for you to go to: http://74.125.127.100/ This is the IP address for google.com ... If you can access Google using this IP address but not when you type www.google.com into the address bar then your issue is related to DNS which we can help resolve for you.

Please let me know what you find out.

Good luck! :)

bennett757

bennett757

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the identical problem! Tried the google ip and it did come up.
I am tearing my hair out please help.