Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtek sound card disabling itself after while

• Please log in to reply

Normalcy

Normalcy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
My sound in XP has always been bothersome. last problem was svchost.exe taking up 100% cpu speed, but i fixed that, now its killing itself after about two hours or so of using my computer, the programs that were already up still have audio but any new ones do not..all the system sounds are there like opening a window. but everything says "There are no active mixer devices available" to install mixer devices..blah blah

Its a realtek, it takes the realtek HD audio driver, if I install the other one it crashes my computer whenever it loads.

Also as a side note from time to time my computer kind of just locks up, every program freezes and new ones dont open.. only thing that works is the start menu. I have to do a forced restart.

I also recently reformatted, and these problems started up two weeks after.

I have the latest drivers.

It seems with each reformat I discover something new and exciting about how terrible my computer really is..

Edited by Normalcy, 03 August 2009 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

Normalcy

Normalcy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
...bump

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")
- security programs in use (antivirus, firewall)

Please download VEW and save it to your Desktop: http://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe

Double-click VEW.exe then under Select log to query, select:
Application
System

Under Select type to list, select:
Critical (Vista only)
Error

Click the radio button for Number of events
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

In Notepad, click Edit > Select all then Edit > Copy
Reply to this post, click in the reply window and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the log.

Normalcy

Normalcy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
3 gigs of ram ddr2, athlon LE-1640 2.71 ghz, hard drive is 149 gigs, free space 27.2, i just use windows firewall and avg

and when I try to download that thing it gives me

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at jar:file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/chrome/en-US.jar!/locale/browser-region/region.propertiesimages.malwareremoval.com.

* Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

Normalcy

Normalcy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
The same error message comes up on microsoft sites.. i think its actually a virus..can you move this thread? or do I have to repost it?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I can't move threads.