Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zalman Coolers NC1000 vs NC2000

• Please log in to reply

Dezpada

Dezpada

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Does anyone know what the difference is between these two? I'm using these to cool off my Alienware M17x if I had to run it on its highest performance.

What is the difference between NC1000 and 2000? Which one is worth the money I'm willing to spend, and why? If the NC2000 is worth it, what has improved from the 1000?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Remember, Google is your friend. The 1000 is designed for up to 15" widescreen notebooks, the 2000 is for larger notebooks.

http://www.quietpcus...ck-P384C30.aspx

That said, I generally recommend using a pad that comes with an external power supply. It seems counterproductive to me to place a greater load on the laptop when you are trying to cool it.

Dezpada

Dezpada

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well, I have an external USB plug that goes into an outlet in the wall when I bought a pair of Bluetooth headsets, that should work, would it not?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

that should work, would it not?

Yeah. That should work just fine. That may not be the most convenient if you travel, unless you normally take this external USB device with your.