Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create an account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign In Create Account

Speakers sound too soft

• Please log in to reply

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
Hi, I just built a new pc and I plugged in my standard stereo 3.5mm jack speakers. At 100% volume, I can barely hear anything.

I updated to the latest Realtek HD drivers. I've also double checked all the sound settings. I then plugged the speakers into my macbook pro and they sounded just fine. I also plugged in a set of earphones into the front audio jack and those sound good as well.

Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

My build:
msi 770 c45
AMD Phenom II x2
3 GB DDR3
1 tb WD caviar black
HIS Radeon HD 4850

edit: I found a quick fix to this solution. I just plugged in the speakers and when the Realtek hd audio popped up asking me what the speakers were for, I just chose "headphones." The sound is louder but only at a medium volume when turned all the way up. If anyone knows a permanent fix, that would be great. Thanks!
Windows 7 RC

Edited by Numb Remxed, 03 August 2009 - 09:47 PM.