Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speakers sound too soft

• Please log in to reply

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Hi, I just built a new pc and I plugged in my standard stereo 3.5mm jack speakers. At 100% volume, I can barely hear anything.

I updated to the latest Realtek HD drivers. I've also double checked all the sound settings. I then plugged the speakers into my macbook pro and they sounded just fine. I also plugged in a set of earphones into the front audio jack and those sound good as well.

Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

My build:
msi 770 c45
AMD Phenom II x2
3 GB DDR3
1 tb WD caviar black
HIS Radeon HD 4850

edit: I found a quick fix to this solution. I just plugged in the speakers and when the Realtek hd audio popped up asking me what the speakers were for, I just chose "headphones." The sound is louder but only at a medium volume when turned all the way up. If anyone knows a permanent fix, that would be great. Thanks!
Windows 7 RC

Edited by Numb Remxed, 03 August 2009 - 09:47 PM.

Advertisements