Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Friggin Blue Stop Error Screen on my Windows XP!

• Please log in to reply

Jozey

Jozey

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello everyone!
All I know is that I installed regcure on my computer and it detected some virus's and I deleted them all. Then I restart my computer and it wont even pass the startup. It goes straight to the friggin Blue Stop error screen. I've tried pressing F5 to get to the Windows Advanced Options Menu then I try to select "Last Known Good Configuration" and it restartes over and over never passing the startup proccess and does the same thing, goes right back to the friggin Blue Stop error screen. Start Windows Normally gets the same friggin Blue Stop error screen. The only way I can start up my computer is in Safe Mode. I've tried to use System Restore and I have no previous restore points!I have even tried to do the Windows Xp: Clean Install I printed from this site from my grandmas computer, unfortunately I don't even make it to the Windows Xp Professional Setup (which is in the first step). Whats going on with my baby?!?!? I need my computer I just started my online classes last week! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!!!! I'm all out of Ideas. :) :)

Oh and this may help you help me, this is what my Friggin Blue Stop Error Screen says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer (so there's hope right?).
If this is the first time you've seen this friggin stop error screen (which it isn't), Restart your computer. If this appears again, follow these steps:
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space (and how do i do this?). If a driver is identified in the friggin stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing (all this is foreign to me, whats shadowing?). If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components, restart computer, press F8 to select advance startup options, and then select Safe Mode.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0XC0000007E (0XC0000005,0X8059C433,0XF78FE6A8,0XF78FE3A4)

Edited by Jozey, 03 August 2009 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

All I know is that I installed regcure on my computer

We strongly are against all registry cleaners b/c they can cause more harm than good, as in your case. The fact that you don't have any recovery points will make this hard...

Try going into Safe Mode, restoring a registry backup from Regcure (if you made one).

Do you have any files that you want to recover? If so, transfer all the important data to an external drive right now.

Clean Install I printed from this site from my grandmas computer, unfortunately I don't even make it to the Windows Xp Professional Setup (which is in the first step

Transfer your files... then attempt a repair installtion: http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html
If you can't boot from CD, then look at the bottom of the repair article for instructions on how to configure your BIOS to do so.

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
First of all thank you for replying so fast. I'm not to worried about other personal files and such on the computer I can replace those. I tried to do the How-to repair Windows XP, How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade, unfortunately my CD-ROM was already the first boot Device atleast that's what it says. I tried to boot from my XP CD, the "Press any key to boot from CD" message never appears it goes back to the Friggin Blue Stop Error screen. So what do I do now? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If the message never appears then the boot sequence is not set correctly.
What is the disk you are using to boot to
Genuine Microsoft Installation disk?
OEM, Retail, Rescue or Recovery disk

Can you supply some system specs please?
Make and model
memory total
hard drive total capacity

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Make/model of your computer would help, as most manufacturers install a recovery partition on their computers that allow your computer to be restored to factory settings.

Try some of the steps here: https://help.ubuntu....nity/BootFromCD
If you have a floppy drive, try using Smart Boot Manager.
Provide all the info rshaffer asked for.

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay, I wasn't quite sure how to get that info so my commonsense told me to go to system information and this is what I found. Some of the info may be irrelavent.
OS Name- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (I've been trying to boot from a 3 dic set my mom gave me. its called Microsoft Office XP Wersion 2002. It has a Media Content Disc, The Upgrade disc and the Step by Step Interactive Training CD.

Version- 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufactuer- Microsoft Corp
System Manufactuer- Gateway
System Model- GT4010
System type- X86-based PC
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00MB

If there is anything else I've forgotten or more info needed can you tell me where and how to retreive it?

I really do appreciate all the help.

OH and I also tried the BIOS thing again and when the computer is starting up i see at the bottom of the screen boot from cd but it doesn't give me a chance to do anything it just goes to the friggin Blue stop error screen.

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I also figured out by pressing F11 on startup the recovery partition comes up, only I don't have the System restore cd/dvd #1 for my computer, my ex has it and he's 8 hours from me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets take a look at the hard drive and see what you have.

Go to
1: Start
2: My Computer
3: Right Click on "C" drive
4: Click on Properties
5: In this field it will tell you total drive space and also free space

Please include results in your next reply

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
okay I went to my c drive and I have 75.3GB used space and 106GB Free space.

And also my results for my main post are still unresolved. (This is what you wanted me to do right?!?)
I feel so dumb on here. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK let's try to get your OS disk to boot by following these steps. Make sure your OS disk is in the cdrom drive before continuing. This will assure that the system will boot to it when you complete the steps below.

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

Advertisements

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i'm sorry but what is the os dick?

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
okay well I think if I show you what I see it might help.

Advance BIOS Features

>HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY [PRESS ENTER]
>CD-ROM BOOT PRIORITY [PRESS ENTER]
VIRUS WARNING [DISABLED]
EXTERNAL CACHE [ENABLED]
FIRST BOOT DEVICE [CDROM]
SECOND BOOT DEVICE [HARD DISK]
THIRD BOOT DEVICE [NVIDIA BOOT AGE]
BOOT UP NUMLOCK STATUS [ON]
SECURITY OPTION [SET UP]

Once I get to the first post screen at the bottom of the screen it says:
VERIFYING DMI DATA POOL....
BOOT FROM CD

after I tried what you told me to do it went back to the Friggin Blue stop error screen.
I'm not even sure if the disk I have is a OS disk though.

issue still unresolved

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry I just realized it was already set that way.

OS Disk is the Operating system disk (in your case Windows XP)

What disk are you using to boot with?

Jozey

Jozey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
the Windows xp professional version 2002 Media content is the disk I was trying to boot from.

Issue still unresolved

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I believe this is the problem per post #6

OS Name- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (I've been trying to boot from a 3 dic set my mom gave me. its called Microsoft Office XP Wersion 2002. It has a Media Content Disc, The Upgrade disc and the Step by Step Interactive Training CD.

If what I am reading is correct you are using a Office Installation disk and not a XP disk.

Do you have a Microsoft XP installation disk.. not Office