Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Performance Problems

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I have a Panasonic Let's Note series laptop CF-W5. I've had it for about 2.5 years. Over the past few months, I've had some major performance problems. It is extremely slow and will often even freeze. If I have more applications running at the same time, it will even get worse.

I went to a shop the other day and bought an additonal 1GB of memory. Now I have a total of 1.49GB of RAM. I am still having problems with the performance.

Would it be best to get a new hard drive? Any other recommendations?

Thanks...

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Take a look at this article by Artellos. Maintaining your Machine The recommendations can really improve speed and performance. Remember to reboot before you run the defragger.

After you have finished all that, Click on Start >> Double Click My Computer >> Right Click on your Hard drive(usually labeled C:/) >> Select Properties. Tell me how much free space you have left on your hard drive. Don't be afraid to ask if you need help with the msconfig part of Artellos' guide, or any other part of it for that matter.

Let me know how things are running after that. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 04 August 2009 - 04:54 AM.