Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Performance Problems

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have a Panasonic Let's Note series laptop CF-W5. I've had it for about 2.5 years. Over the past few months, I've had some major performance problems. It is extremely slow and will often even freeze. If I have more applications running at the same time, it will even get worse.

I went to a shop the other day and bought an additonal 1GB of memory. Now I have a total of 1.49GB of RAM. I am still having problems with the performance.

Would it be best to get a new hard drive? Any other recommendations?

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Take a look at this article by Artellos. Maintaining your Machine The recommendations can really improve speed and performance. Remember to reboot before you run the defragger.

After you have finished all that, Click on Start >> Double Click My Computer >> Right Click on your Hard drive(usually labeled C:/) >> Select Properties. Tell me how much free space you have left on your hard drive. Don't be afraid to ask if you need help with the msconfig part of Artellos' guide, or any other part of it for that matter.

Let me know how things are running after that. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 04 August 2009 - 04:54 AM.