Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advanced SystemCare v3 or Uniblue Power Suite 2009

• Please log in to reply

Plamenna

Plamenna

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone

I have this 2 program and I cannot decide which is better to keep!

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Well, one looks to be free, and the other looks to be a paid program. So if I had to choose, possibly stick with the paid program. HOWEVER, those one stop shops for cleaning up your computer don't really do all that great, and really, they are unnecessary.

Take a look at this article by Artellos. Maintaining your Machine The recommendations can really improve speed and performance. This is all you really need to do every once in a while. It's all I do, and my computer is nice and speedy.

Plamenna

Plamenna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the replay.
For which program you are seeing this - "HOWEVER, those one stop shops for cleaning up your computer don't really do all that great, and really, they are unnecessary."

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I'm saying that about both of them. The best way to keep your computer clean and operating smoothly is in that guide I linked to, Maintaining Your Machine. Also, both of those programs have registry cleaners which you should stay away from. Messing with the registry is unnecessary, cleaning it up has a minimal to no impact on performance, regardless of what their advertising may say.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
My vote is a bit late, but I also agree with Ferrari: NEITHER