Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Mobile CPU Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi All

Can someone tell me what the SL numbers mean on an Intel Mobile CPU

I'm looking to replace an Intel SL7S9 CPU, can I just replace it with any SL version or does it have to be an exact match?

Info appreciated

Regards

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The SL number is part of the model number, also known as specification number. A five character string (SL7AA, SL8VN, etc.) that is printed on the processor, and used to identify the processor. By knowing the processor's sSpec Number, you can find out the processor's core speed, cache size and speed, core voltage, maximum operating temperature and so on.

The SL7S9 is a Pentium M 750 in 478 socket format. Theoretically any chipset of the same socket would fit and be readable depending on the laptop in question.

datarunner

datarunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

The SL number is part of the model number, also known as specification number. A five character string (SL7AA, SL8VN, etc.) that is printed on the processor, and used to identify the processor. By knowing the processor's sSpec Number, you can find out the processor's core speed, cache size and speed, core voltage, maximum operating temperature and so on.

The SL7S9 is a Pentium M 750 in 478 socket format. Theoretically any chipset of the same socket would fit and be readable depending on the laptop in question.

Great thanks