Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some advice on my fixing my External Hard Drive problem

• Please log in to reply

stejens

stejens

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys,

I am looking for some help in repairing a problem i have with my external hardrive.
The drive has been working perfectly for the past 6 months and now whenever i plug it in and try to click on it, my computer freezes / crashes and i can't use it at all.

Also when i double click the drive to open it, it tells me G:/ is not accesible, error performing inpage operation.

Since then i have formatted it, and tried a cmd operation that i saw online while browsing help but still no change.
In computer management it shows the drive as healthy,yet i still have this problem, so some help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
hm.. that's interesting. Have you tried plugging the drive into another computer to see if the same thing happens?

stejens

stejens

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It is a different problem i am having with it now, when i click on the drive it tells me that it is not formatted and would i like to format it now, so i click yes and start the process but it is doing about 1% every 1-2 hours, which seems way too long.

Any ideas on this please?

stejens

stejens

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I tried to download something onto it to see what happens also and all i got was an error box with more possible information.

Posted Image