Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Starts but windows won't load.

• Please log in to reply

Timfik

Timfik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Before i begin, I'm not sure whether this issue is hardware or software related so why not start here. Okay, so my computer was working fine yesterday until I put it to sleep by closing the screen. I came back about half an hour later and tried to wake it up. The screen wouldn't start up again so i just held down the power button to turn it off. When i turned it back on I got to the log in screen and entered my password with no problem and hit enter. My computer acted normal and logged me in but when windows went to load, the screen went purple and the icons/taskbar/start menu never loaded. I let it sit there for ten min and nothing changed. So i tried starting in safe mode and instead of the screen turning purple after i sign in, the screen goes black and says "safe mode" in all four corners. Anyone know whats going on?

PS: I'm using Vista Home Premium on a toshiba Satallite A215-S4757.

Advertisements

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
did you try to start your computer using Last known good configuration

Bryan_Jovi

Bryan_Jovi

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
is your vista are fake ones? Me never get the same problem like that
my computer was Toshiba Satellite M300
or maybe the laptop or CPU of yours aren't strong enough to handle vista

try Windows 7, it's lighter, faster, simpler and more cool than vista :)