Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.

• Please log in to reply

ammajo2007

ammajo2007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an ASUS Eee PC 900 which has no disk drive or floppy disk. Please advise how i would repair it when i receive error <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. when trying to log onto the laptop. :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It will have a hard drive.
You need to connect a USB CD-Unit to the laptop and perform a Windows Repair on it with the XP CD that came with the laptop.

SolarMist00

SolarMist00

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone this is my first post!! I found a solution to this problem on
You Tube!

In You Tube search box enter:
How to fix- hal.dll is missing or corrupt in windows by Britec.

This is a recent video posted July 20, 2009. He offered two solutions by showing me step by step what to enter on my PC from the recovery console. The second solution he offered WORKED FOR ME!!! I rebooted my computer and windows loads normal now!!! When windows XP loaded it searched and reinstalled all of my drivers! All of my files are in tact!! Wish you all the same luck as me!

Edited by SolarMist00, 14 August 2009 - 11:51 PM.