Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor stuck in power save mode

• Please log in to reply

sesopa

sesopa

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
My monitor is stuck in power save mode. I have tried moving my mouse and pressing my keyboard but nothing happens. There is power to the monitor and power to the computer. I have tried rebooting but that does not help. I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor but that does not help either. I am running XP. I cannot use the computer at all and am typing from my office computer. Please help....thank you.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Greetings, sesopa.

Have you tried using any other monitors besides this one to see which device is at fault? If you plug in another monitor and it works then you know that your currently monitor has some kind of issue.

Also, have you cycled the power on the LCD or PC? You might want to pull the power cord on the LCD and leave it out for 15-30 seconds and plug it back in. This may give you a better idea. Let us know what happens when you try that. Also, if you have performed a "hard" shut down on the PC, let us know about that as well.

There is a short troubleshooting list which we must step through before we can predict what the issue is.

Keep in touch and good luck! :)

jeoff

jeoff

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my dell genesis stuck in power save.. and tried to connect with other pc, and still in power save mode... ive tried everything but it wont work... pls help... tnx

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If the monitor doesn't work on any computer, it's dead/junk.