Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection interrupted again!

• Please log in to reply

infamous_6969

infamous_6969

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

Here is my dilema -

About 4 days ago my laptop stopped allowing me to connect to the internet. I am able to use all of my chat software but web browsers do not work. I have tried both IE and Firefox. All I continue to get is a Connection Interrupted "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. "

Laptop specs -
ASUS G50VT
Windows Vista 64
Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13ghz
4gb Ram

Things I know and have done -

1. There is no problem with connection to the internet from any other computer (I am currently using my desktop and sitting next to me is the laptop which wont work)
2. Fails while trying to connect to web browsers via wireless
3. Fails the same during a direct connect to the router
4. Fails with firewalls and antivirus disabled
5. Even though it will not connect through web browsers, it still will PING with no problems to www.yahoo.com
6. Have gone through steps listed - http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html and no problems were found by the programs
7. Have gone through the steps listed - http://www.geekstogo...ed-t227344.html and nothing changed
8. Disabled DHCP and tried a static IP to the router and it still did not work

What am I missing?

Advertisements