Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mac problem

• Please log in to reply

gordoa40

gordoa40

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok when ever i turn on my macbook it has a white screen for like 10 seconds then in the middle of the screenflashes a icon of a gray file and it has white a question mark in the middle of it. this happened when i was trying to download the new patch for world of warcraft today. this has happened before when i was downloading world of warcraft wrath of the lich king but that time i went to the apple store to get it fixed and i dont want to do that again. what do i do? :) see a pic of what flashes here. http://www.nikiburnh...sues-774194.jpg . oh btw this didn't happen on my brothers macbook when he was downloading it so it might be just my computer. anyone know how to fix it?

Advertisements

jobeard

jobeard

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
bad news; this is the Mac version of a clobbered PC MBR

you need the Disk Tools CD to correct this

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I'd suggest not downloading anymore of those updates!

Best of luck!