Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Failed to query TCP/IP Settings

• Please log in to reply

wedrag

wedrag

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have reviewed a lot on this topic but nothing has helped me. My hard drive in my laptop crashed so I purchased another one. It when in fine and I used the operating system disc that I got with the computer to reinstall Windows. Now I can't get on the internet with my wireless router.

I have: Windows XP Service Pack 2

I have tried: netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset restlog.txt

When I use the ipconfig prompt it just says: Windows IP Configuration

Under my internet connections I only have a 1394 connection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kris :)

Edited by wedrag, 04 August 2009 - 05:24 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Sounds like you have no drivers installed for the NIC. Check your device manager and make sure you dont see any yellow !;s or red X's.

wedrag

wedrag

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I do have yellow question marks with explanations. All these under other devices have them.

Ethernet Controller
Mass Storage Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Network Controller
PCI Modem
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Thanks for any help!

Edited by wedrag, 05 August 2009 - 12:56 AM.

baula

baula

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
go the laptop manufacturer website and download ur model's driver for XP and installed.....u need internet access so use other computer.

wedrag

wedrag

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That worked but now it keeps trying to "Acquiring Network Address" so I have searched for those remedies and have been trying some of those but no luck yet. At least I'm getting closer to a solution! Thanks for you help.

Kris