Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clearing arp cache

• Please log in to reply

mcintire21

mcintire21

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Every so often my internet wont load any pages. It's like it's disconnected but the wireless icon says very good signal strength and anywhere between 18 and 54 Mbps. When I click repair it says there was a problem clearing the arp cache. So I go to "run" type "cmd" then type "netsh interface ip delete arpcache". It then says ok. Most of the time I have to restart the laptop and the internet will be working again. This is annoying and seems to be happening about once a day. Does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi mcintire21...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
try this...
To disable Routing and Remote Access service:

* Click on the Start button.
* Click the Run button.
* Type services.msc and hit Enter.
* Scroll down to Routing and Remote Access
* Double-click “Routing and Remote Access”.
* Set the Startup Type” to Disabled
* Also make sure the service status is Stopped. If it is not Stopped, click the Stop button.
* Click the OK button.
* Close the services window.

mcintire21

mcintire21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I did that but I just put my computer to sleep and brought it back up a few minutes later and the same thing happened. The only difference was when I hit repair it didn't say couldnt clear arpcache; it said windows repaired the problem but I still had the same problem. Great connection and speed just no pages would load.

baula

baula

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
follow happyrock steps then again clear arp using "netsh interface ip delete arpcache"

this may solved ur problem.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....click OK

To Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

To Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter