Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Processor Failure, Malware Culprit, System Fail :(

• Please log in to reply

soldier62994

soldier62994

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had to disable my FW and AV yesterday morning to do something, and forgot to turn it off. I downloaded a few things and when I realized it, I immediately did a VS. It found about 20(this could include spyware, but idk). Since my ESET and AVG couldn't remove the files, I posted a hijack this log on another website. I then followed their instructions to do a malware bytes scan, it finished, I clicked restart computer and all seemed good.

I have a Dell 32 bit vista, and the screen got up to the vista loading page(the bar at the bottom loading), then, the screen went grey and windows startup repair kicked in. Naturally, it failed.

Now, I also have access to the Geek Squad MRI Disc(which I ran)(Had to change to boot up on CD though). The test concluded that my Processor 2 Failed. Yay! Picture of the FAIL. Well, i tried doing some googling and it yielded no results. Oh, and forgot to mention, the Startup Repair said that the problem was(in the advanced logs); windows\syste32\drivers\httpex.sys . Again, I tried googling and no results(it is spelled properly).

On another website I was told to do a Vista System Recovery, which I was considering. But since its a processor failure, would it really make a difference? That's computer hardware, right? Also, if it would help, is this a good place to get it?. This is because my computer didn't come with a Vista disc, it was a Refurb and Dell sucks.

So yeah, my main question is anyway to save my computer? Or do I have to do a restart? And if none of the above will work, does anyone know if DELL is good at finding causes of system failures? Cause it was Malware and obviously my warranty wouldn't cover that. Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if this is a dell computer and is under warranty, then I would have them fix the hw issues. Once the hw issues have been resolved, then we can proceed with cleaning of your malware from the system.