Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program with a USB drive

• Please log in to reply

Aloupha

Aloupha

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I am having a problem with a Scandisk Cruser 2.0 GB flash drive. It was working quite well and suddently decided to stop working. It just stops lighting up and being recognized by the any computer. Very rarely, you would hear the disconnect sound (first) and the reconnect sound but nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Edited by Aloupha, 05 August 2009 - 10:54 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Aloupha ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
can you see the drive in my computer...
have you tried the flash drive in a different computer...

Aloupha

Aloupha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, the funniest thing happened. I did try it on different computers and nothing happened. It was not showing in computer manager either. The problem is gone though. I do not how it was fixed, it just started working out of the blue. These are the steps that caused (maybe) the "fix:"
  • I shut down the computer it last worked on and unplugged it. (This trick works when the computer keeps giving the unknown error when the USB stick is inserted... but I figured I'd give it a shot).
  • I powered the computer back up and stick the flash drive in and still it did not work.
  • I then take it out... then put it back in and voila! - It started working again.
It's been working on all computers ever since. I don't really get why it starts working again, but I am not complaining!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
FYI...you should use the safely remove icon in the system tray BEFORE removing usb drives...that includes external usb hard drives...if you don't you run the risk of making them unreadable forever...