Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hardware problem?

• Please log in to reply

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
overheating could be a problem?? usual my pc is fridge col inside but wen i reomoved ram chip it was quite hot? normal?

Advertisements

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
imscrewedimscrewedimscrewedimscrewed one stik ofram burned nowthe pc wont turn on wif ethr stik :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) craaaaaaap im screwedi

shouldi reset the cmos

Edited by spacecat, 09 August 2009 - 12:16 PM.

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
It wont even start up :) :) :) :) :) :) :) helllllllllllllllllllpp heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
help me please

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
im goin away tommorow for 5 days and my pc is screwed omg i screwed help me please one of my ram stickers is black(burnt) and i smelt burning plasic -- i worn an esd band power power out eg and the settngs worked fine with the other stick now it dosent work with either sticks or both and i cleared the cmos. everthing i ever do goes wrong. the fans run and i getaloding light and on light on pc but the moniter or nothink im screwed im sorry for my language but im so p##sed off

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Reset the CMOS by locating the 3-pin jumper next to your CMOS battery, then follow these instructions:

Posted Image

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
aaaaaaaa i have to eave song omgmgogmoggmoggomgommogmogomg

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i alredy did that the moniter still dint reconize or keyboard

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
It does seem that your RAM is faulty. New RAM is your best option at this point. I'd recommend one of these.

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
WELL im guess i screwed thank or all thehelp but i have togo--- will rturn in 5 days thankyou all o much but if we dot go now then hols over sorry goodbuy and thankyou :) :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :) :) :) :)
Sorry but I was away all day.
I see the outcome was bad ram .

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
HELLO ALL, sorry about all that (lol) im back from me hols and a little less stressed! :) yes i indeed have fried one of my ram chips --- i was not wearing my esd bracelet at the time so :) yeh im retarded so is that the problem fixed then? is the source bad ram? or am I in for another hard time!

If the problem is bad ram, could you please tell me what ram my setup can take(i've got 50 gbp and ive never seen ram more expensive than that!.)

To all thanks for the help

ps- I cleared the bios in a hissy fit, do i have to setup anythink again?, i will the overclocking step from stettybet again :) (Hopefully this time i wont blow somethink up!)

pss- cheers member for life :)

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
soz broni didn see ur post there is that what my pc takes ?

SOZ TO BE A DRAG :)

OOOOOOOOOO dual channel -can my pc take that?

SOZ IF I BORE U AND U HATE ME SOZ :)

Edited by spacecat, 14 August 2009 - 01:57 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

It does seem that your RAM is faulty. New RAM is your best option at this point. I'd recommend one of these.

spacecat

spacecat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks a lot guys i will buy the OCZ Blade Series 4GB (ouch to my wallet!) But if you guys reccomend it then i trust you guys (And ESPECIALLY you gals :) )

wow, thanks a lot you peeps ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)