Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blu-Ray Rom

• Please log in to reply

Dameon Skum

Dameon Skum

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Basically, I am good with computers, but Rom's are no-where near my stong point, so I just need quick advise,

Right.. Down to my post on my bad DVD-Rom, I wish to buy another one tomorrow if I don't get this sorted within the next couple of hours.

All I need to know is if this Blu-Ray DVD-Rom will work with my Asus PW5 DH Delux.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
This is the same burner/reader: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16827136133
Read some reviews... it should work with the motherboard as long as you have an open SATA connector.
And you should also have a 4-pin Molex connector from your PSU.

If you are playing Blu-ray movies, make sure you have a graphics card that can play it smoothly.

Also, don't buy this drive until you make sure that your DVD drive is still ok. Try booting from another CD, like a Linux Live CD.

Edited by edge2022, 05 August 2009 - 06:51 PM.