Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unable to open most file extensions, including .exe and .com

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I've got a huge problem on my hand. I cannot open .exe file extensions, meaning I literally cannot operate my notebook computer. This is the second forum I've registered to as others haven't been able to help me fix this problem. When I double-click on a .exe file it comes up with this. I've searched through Google for this problem and others have recommended me downloading a certain file and registering it through regedit. But the problem is regedit is a .exe file so that is useless. Others have suggested renaming the file extension to .com but that to is an infected file extension.

I need help!!!