Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast finding Win:Trojan-gen {other} melware on my PC, can't remov

• Please log in to reply

Yatin

Yatin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
To All,

I have Avast Home Edition running on my PC and it keeps on coming with virus warning saying I have "Win32: Trojan-gen {other}" virus on my PC. It's in c:\documents and settings\User\local settings\Temp\ directory. I have used other antivirus softwares to scan the hard drive and they haven't found anything. I have used Maleware Bytes' anti maleware as well to scan. I then wiped out my hard drive and re-installed XP. The warning is back again. I have nothing on this PC right now ecxept Office 2003. All the Microsoft updates/patches have been applied. Anyone know how to remove this? Is Avast warning real or false? When I go into the above directory in Temp, the folders that Avast says have virus have the following files:

cvtres
cvtres.exe.menifest

Someone please help me on this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help and support!

Yatin

Advertisements