Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W32.Pavsee.C & Arkanett.& others &personal security anti v

• Please log in to reply

issi 67

issi 67

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi to all and many thanks for what looks like a success in removing most if not all the trash that infected my laptop 2 days ago. Fantastic step by step guides which for a novice like me builds confidence. Great site. Especially considering the viruses affecting my laptop weren't even allowing me access to the internet beyond searching google. Conclusive evidence being that I've now been able to access this site on my own laptop.

I do have a few questions with regards to posting the logs of the removals as at the time I could not access this site nor the internet. I did however save the logs and should be able to retrieve them and post them if this is the correct area...please advise?

There was a message saying that not all the items could be removed but that had been added to the delete on reboot list and a log file was created in C:\Windows\System 32\msxmlm.dll location.

On reboot all the icons installed following the infection were removed and access to the internet was restored... :)

I followed the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal_Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide up to Step Four: Reboot-Test...and here I am all going well so far. :) As I already have Norton 2009 installed I didn't think it necessary to uninstall and select another antivirus protection as the guide advises in step 2 - please confirm this was a correct action to take - :)

At the moment I'm typing this to you so am not aware of any problems as yet and will save Step Five: Rootkit Detection until such time as required. I've installed the windows updates which were recommended but none were critical I believe.

This does lead me to inquire why my laptop was infected when I thought it was properly protected by Norton AV 2009? Any answers welcomed.

Hopefully that'll be all for now and what remains to be said is a HUUUUUGGGGGE THANKS to all those who provide such fantastic and valuable information. I don't know where I'd be without you...climbing the walls and pennyless no doubt!

Great work! :)

Issi

Attached Files

Advertisements