Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"dwipllxa" file appeared 4.21.05

• Please log in to reply

Ciarnait

Ciarnait

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This exe file is not searchable on the web, not a virus and not addware a far as I can tell. According to my file registry, it apeared on my computer 4/21/05 and it slowed down my computer greatly. Symantec has not listed it anywhere on its site.

I did not find it until I steped up my firewall to not permit any activity without my permission. (Irritating since my husband has to get permission on my computer every time he wants to print something, so he has to change rooms each time.) It then was constantly popping up at random intervals. I had been unable to go past three pages on the web, could only use a folder once or twice before my computer crashed, and I could not defrag my computer except in safe mode (which only is barly readable due to an old monitor with a chronic flashing screan in safemode :tazz: ).

What is this, where did it come from and how do I keep it from coming back? I use Norton Anti Virus, Tiny Firewall and Ad-aware 5.0. Only Tiny Firewall worked on this when it was put up to a level of obnoxiousness.

Ciarnait

Advertisements