Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

could not uninstall Adobe reader 8.1.6

• Please log in to reply

nams

nams

• Pip
  • 2 posts
error 1606. Could not access network location:.

just this...

What can be done?

Mine is Windows XP...

I could not uninstall in Safe mode also..

Please help

Advertisements

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
try to follow the steps to fix this issue mentioned HERE

Best Regards ali.B

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
ali.B's link leads you to a Microsoft Help and Support site. In this article MS requires you to make an adjustment to your Registry. For god's sake make a back-up of your Registry before you start fooling around with it. Even prof's can accidently mess up their Registry.

Once you open the Registry and before you make any changes to it, click in the menu bar on File | Export and save ALL, (see lower left-hand portion of the dialogbox) to your C:\ drive. Give the filename no more than eight characters... WHY?... in case you have to re-install the back-up Registry (you won't have to work with '~' (tilda's)) if something goes wrong. And if that happens, locating and executing the file via the command prompt will be easier because not a lot of people know how to work in DOS these days.
KISS, as I say (keep it simple... :))

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
ms tells you before you do anything to backup your registry :)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I just wanted to make a point of it. People (in general) don't read ALL the instructions. :)
I work with students at a university and they're notorious for not reading enrolment instructions and such. Just wanted to keep it safe for nams.

Edited by crooz, 08 August 2009 - 04:07 PM.

nams

nams

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Everyone for fast replies... I did try all that work with registry before posting the topic here. But what worked for me was using the ' Windows install cleanup wizard' . And the problem was solved :)