Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SPYWARE DETECTED ON YOUR COMPUTER WALLPAPER

• Please log in to reply

4everfedupwithspyware

4everfedupwithspyware

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Thank you in advance for anyone/people willing to help me on this. Recently purchased a Samsung NC10 Netbook and got this spyware on it. I lent it to a friend for a while when he went on vacation and it came back in this ridiculously-unbelieveable condition.

I've attempted to download things like Hijack and other virus programs, but I can't because the system won't allow me to access the internet. Well, actually I have no idea how to get to the place where I have to go to turn on the internet. The virus/spyware(hereinafter will be known as "problem child") has frozen my ability to use my START MENU features as well as viewing the icon that are usually on the bottom right corner. I'm almost sure there has to be a way around this. I've also tried to turn the computer on in "Safe Mode w/ Networking" then again, I'm sort of lost because I don't really know where to begin. "Problem child" is ruining my life.

Once again thanks in advance and help please :)

Advertisements

4everfedupwithspyware

4everfedupwithspyware

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just to add as of now- no programs open up. I also get a rundll or something popup. I think it said it was missing. Also, now every file I try to open, I get another popup asking me how and with which application can I open the other application with.

Btw, I am running a NC10, therefore I do not have a CD-ROM drive. Once again to state, my internet does not work, or I just do not know how to get to it.