Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Windows cannot access..." anything

• Please log in to reply

oneillseanm

oneillseanm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I'm having a problem of a category that seems quite popular on forums. My particular problem is just slightly different than anything I've read about, though. Here are the details:

- The only things I seem to have access to are my background and the Task Manager.
- I don't have a Task Bar and Start Menu.
- I don't have access to the internet.
- I don't have access to anything else.
- When in the Task Manager I cannot open anything with New Task. I always get the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
- Many forums suggest I open regedit.exe and stop the explore.exe process or some other process but I unable to open even regedit.
- I am able to open the Group Policy .msc for some reason but disabling things like "Prevent access to..." does nothing.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate your time.

Sean

Advertisements