Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Problems

• Please log in to reply

nikki_06

nikki_06

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi. Everytime I turn on my computer, I get the following messages:

Error Loading
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\fnxld.dll
The Specified Module cannot be found.

I disabled it by going to the System Configuration and unchecking the startup item. I assumed that it was some kind of a virus so updated my Avira Anti-vir Personal Free Antivirus and then followed your Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. I have finished the first step which is to install the Temp File Cleaner (TFC) and run it. After doing that, everytime I turn on my computer, some error occurs and I get messages like

"7787 Registry machine Components..."

and I keep having to undergo startup repair and the system always recommends to return the system to a previous operating point. Starting my laptop takes a lot more time now (around 15 minutes) than it usually does. I'm not sure if it was because of the TFC or something else.. Did the TFC accidentally erase something in the registry? Would it still be safe to continue with the cleaning guide?

Advertisements