Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Standby and Hibernate not active

• Please log in to reply

ElhewPointers

ElhewPointers

m

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Everyone, New member here, seems like a great place for advice so maybe someone can help.
My Daughter has a dell inspiron 1200 running XP that is about 5 yrs old and had slowed to a crawl, so she bought a new one when she graduated from college. I reformated and reinstalled XP and all the drivers and added a gig of ram. Runs great now but now the standby or hibernate is no longer active and I can't figure out what to do. Any ideas??
Many thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Hibernate you can add from Control Panel -> Power Options.
Standby usually appears on its own after installing all the drivers, sometimes extra utilities from Dell's site for your model are needed.

ElhewPointers

ElhewPointers

m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
RESOLVED! I was finally able to find the correct utility from dell. Thank you :)