Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista to xp pro on acer aspire am1202-u1850a

• Please log in to reply

hyperthermogenic

hyperthermogenic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I have an acer am1202-u1850a that came with vista home premium installed. I want to install xp pro sp2 however, I can't seem to find any drivers. Any info, weather the xp drivers exist or not, would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hyperthermogenic, 08 August 2009 - 01:05 PM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Have you checked the Acer website?

If there are drivers, that's where they will be.

BTW, better check to make sure you don't void your warranty if you try to downgrade to XP also.

Murray

hyperthermogenic

hyperthermogenic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for the reply. I checked but haven't found them there. According to Staples, where my boss bought the computer that wont void the warranty. Also tried calling acer tech. support however due to an accident my vocal chords are partly paralyzed so their automated voice activated phone-bot can't seem to fathom my gravely utterances. :) Thanks again.

Edited by hyperthermogenic, 08 August 2009 - 01:40 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Chances are you aren't going to find them. Most manufaturers are putting Vista only hardware in thei systems now which means there are no XP drivers available for them.

I just did a quick look at the Acer site as well and there is nothing but Vista drivers for that system.

Murray

hyperthermogenic

hyperthermogenic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, thats what I thought. My boss will just have to bite the bullet and learn to use vista. Thank you very much for your time.

Edited by hyperthermogenic, 08 August 2009 - 01:59 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Vista really isn't all that difficult to get the hang of. I wasn't certaion either but just jumped in feet first (running Vista Ultimate). Best thing I ever did.

Murray