Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Suddenly slow

• Please log in to reply

tk_valentine

tk_valentine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I haven't had much of an issue with speed like I did today. It didn't happen till after I downloaded the popular online IMVU game (info available at IMVU.com), played a little, realized it may have been a bit much for my computer, then uninstalled it via the Control Panel. Afterwards, I went about my usual internet dawdling and when I tried to download a couple of things, I realized they were downloading at about 4kb/sec or less, which even I know in my technologically-illiteracy that is extremely slow. I use Flock internet browser, and have the option to pause/continue download, and in doing so it slowly inches its way to completion. Sometimes.

It's not only downloads, but when I started to try and backup files online using Mozy, I see that the same issue happens with the progress bar during the backup (eventually slows to a halt). Websites, too, seem to have been a bit slower.

I've had this laptop for about 4 years now, and lately, before IMVU, I haven't done anything I haven't been doing within the past two years. For the past few weeks, I'd seemingly-randomly get the "Virtual Memory too low" balloon, but its appearance was sparse. I once before also got an error with DrWatson, but only once.

I'm running AVG Free and Avast! scanners, but they can't seem to find anything. Is this something that's been a problem before? Sorry if this was a lot of info, but I figured the more I gave the more it'd help.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I'm running AVG Free and Avast! scanners

Running two AV programs is really bad idea. One of them has to go.